Lead the Adventure!
Fishing, hiking, camping, swimming—Venturers do it all! Make new friends and create new memories!
Venturing is fun with a purpose. Youth build physical fitness, character, and good citizenship — all while having a great time with family and friends. Most importantly, Venturing encourages them to do their best—a lesson that will help them achieve success throughout their lives.
You will be a member of a crew. As Venturers advance through the program, they are recognized for their achievements. Youth are in charge of the activities, which include games, ceremonies, field trips, and tons of fun! The adults advise, supervise, and support the youth.
VENTURING TEACHES HOW TO BE:
TRUSTWORTHY • LOYAL • HELPFUL • FRIENDLY • COURTEOUS • KIND • OBEDIENT • CHEERFUL • THRIFTY • BRAVE • CLEAN • REVERENT
WHAT IS VENTURING?
Venturing is an inclusive program of the Boy Scouts of America for males and females ages 14 to 21 (or 13 and completed the eighth grade).
The Venturing program emphasizes:
• Personal growth
Venturing enables you to:
• Challenge yourself through a program that is fun and full of adventure.
• Acquire specialized skills in the area of your crew’s specialty.
• Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on leadership roles.
• Learn life values through the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
• Give back to your community through meaningful service initiatives.
• Be recognized for your accomplishments through award opportunities.
• Discover and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment!
You love exploring your passions, making new friends, and discovering the world. You’re always looking for an adventure, such as:
• Rappelling a cliff
• Perfecting your shot
• Building a robot
• Kayaking into the sunset
• Exploring your faith
• Volunteering at an animal shelter
• Re-enacting living history
• Designing a video game
The choice is yours! Each activity provides an opportunity to shine and learn more about yourself and the world around you.
Venturing is youth-led and youth-inspired. You’ll acquire life skills and gain experiences that will prove to be valuable regardless of where your future takes you, all while having a blast!
In Venturing, you can:
• Develop leadership skills
• Earn college scholarships
• Enhance your communication abilities
• Plan your own events and adventures
• Meet people from all around the world