Program Feature for October: Hiking
If you think hiking just means following a trail around your favorite Scout camp, think again. There are all sorts of hikes you can take. This month, we will focus on Trail Hiking – Scouts do much of their hiking on trails. They may choose pathways leading deep into the back-country, or shorter routes connecting points of interest in a Scout camp or a city. A trail can lead to a mountaintop, a lake, a neighborhood park, or a prairie.
This month’s Program will help with the following:
- Second Class requirement 1a
- First Class requirement 1a
- American Heritage, Backpacking, Citizenship in the Community, Geocaching, Hiking, Orienteering, and Personal Fitness merit badges
How Parents can help this month:
- Providing Transportation for the main event.
- Making sure every Scout has appropriate equipment.
- Accompanying the group on it’s trek.
- Maintaining current Youth Protection certification, which is required of all adults providing transportation for or participating in outings.